- 10' Advantage
- 10’ Advantage 16
- 10' Advantage Plus
- 10' Advantage Max
- 10’ Eventure Velvet
- 10’ Eventure Texture
- 10' Spectrum
- 10' GreenPlay
- 10' Green Play II
- 10' NexGen
- 12’ Treat Cut Pile
- 12’ Treat Frieze
- 12’ Doral II
- 12' Doral III
- 12’ Galaxy
- 12’ Organic Spirit
- 12’ Organic Energy
- 12’ Organic Dynamic
- 12’ Splash
- 12’ Supreme Deluxe
- 12’ Supreme Pristine
- 12’ Supreme Premium
- 12’ Eventure Sisal
- 12’ Eventure Cut-Loop
- 12’ Bruvent
- 15' Doral III
- 15’ Galaxy
- 15’ Supreme Deluxe
- 15’ Supreme Pristine
- 15’ Supreme Premium
- Printed Floors
- About Brumark
- News & Resources
- Image Gallery
- Contact Us
What You Need to Know About Exhibit Carpet Construction
May 29, 2013
What’s in a name? From level loop to cut pile plush and frieze, there are many different types of exhibit carpet to choose from. Each provides different textures, looks and patterns, and some are better for certain applications than others.
Of course, Brumark’s expert account managers and customer service staff can help you select the best carpet for your needs. But we’ve also put together some information about how different types of carpet are constructed, which will help you understand the benefits and uses of each.
First, a little background info: carpet is manufactured by sewing strands of yarn into a backer material. This process creates loops of yarn. On loop carpets, those loops are left uncut. If they’re cut, it’s called – you guessed it! – cut pile carpet.
Types of Carpet Construction
The loop and cut pile methods can be combined into a range of carpet constructions with different textures and patterns:
• Level Loop - This carpet has a tight, dense construction and the loops are cut to the same height, which is called pile height. Nylon level loop carpet is probably the toughest, most durable carpet available.
• Textured Loop - Features a high/low loop construction with little pile difference between the high and low loop.
• High/Low Loop - Carpet with a significant difference in the pile height of the high and low loops, usually to create a pattern. Often two different colors of yarn are used to create a two-color pattern.
• Berber - Constructed from very heavy yarn in solid or mixed colors. Uses a level loop, textured loop, or patterned loop construction. Berber carpet is durable and highly stain resistant.
• Tip sheared - Carpet with a high/low loop construction on which the high loops have been sheared. The cut pile tufts have a darker appearance than the loops, which creates texture and pattern.
• Cut/Uncut - This carpet has a very similar look as tip-sheared carpet except that the cut and loop portions are the same pile height. This allows the creation of sophisticated patterns.
• Cut Pile Plush - Made with a high density in the yarn fibers and sheared to create a thick, velvety appearance.
• Saxony - This soft, dense cut-pile carpet is heat-set so that the fibers are straight and the tips of each tuft are clearly visible. This provides a traditional, smooth look. Quality depends on pile height and stitch density.
• Trackless - Similar to Saxony, except that it has a higher "twist" to the yarn. As a result, the yarn twists more and you walk on the sides rather than the tops of the yarn, reducing footprints and marks from vacuum cleaners.
• Frieze - Has a very high twist level, with the strands of yard twisted so tightly that they curl over at the end. This provides a textured surface that hides footprints well. Frieze carpet is very durable.
• Shag - Similar to frieze carpet, but with a much higher pile (up to 3"). Although shag is often associated with the 1960s and 1970s, it is available in a wide range of stylish modern colors.
Brumark offers the industry’s widest selection of trade show carpet in a variety of styles, colors and weights, and you can customize your carpet with logos, inlays and custom dyeing. We have great prices, nationwide expert installation and dismantle, the industry's largest selection of in-stock colors and styles, and warehouses strategically located for fast turnarounds. We can help you select the right carpet for your project. Just contact us for details!
Product Spotlight: NexGen 10' – Beautiful, Color-Fast Exhibit Carpet at a Great Value
May 21, 2013
Brumark’s new NexGen 10' takes quality exhibit carpet to the next level of value. This new addition to our popular Advantage Carpet line is available nationwide in nine stylish, vibrant in-stock colors at a great price.
NexGen 10' is 10' wide and available in two face weights, 16 oz. and 28 oz. The quality carpet fiber is solution-dyed for fade-resistant color to give you even more value. And it’s manufactured from 18% post-consumer recycled content.
See for yourself just how much value NexGen 10' provides — contact us today to request a free sample or quote!
Reaching Young Professionals at Trade Shows and Events
May 15, 2013
Several recent reports highlight the preferences and attitudes of different generations — particularly younger professionals — when it comes to exhibits and events.
According to “Generational Differences in Face-to-Face Interaction Preferences and Activities,” a new report by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research, tradeshow attendance among professionals under age 40 has been growing for the past two years, and that is expected to continue for at least the next two years. Specifically, the study found that:
• Nearly 30% of professionals under age 40 who have attended exhibitions said they attended more shows in 2012 than two years earlier, versus 20% of respondents aged 40 to 49 and only 12% of those aged 50 to 65
• 31% of professionals under age 40 said they planned to attend more exhibitions in two years, versus 23% of the 40 to 49 group and 16% of the 50 to 64 segment
• Younger attendees are more focused on how the show or event will provide inspiration or motivation for their jobs, while older attendees are focused on education from conference programs and sessions
• In all age groups, exhibits were rated the most important method of delivering face-to-face interactions for job performance
And if you’re worried about how the rise of online interaction may impact face-to-face events, take heart: most attendees reported that interacting online has no affect on their attendance at trade shows. Among younger professionals, however, a larger percentage said that interacting online has actually increased their attendance at trade shows.
Meanwhile, a report by Amsterdam RAI looked at how Generation X and Generation Y view events and exhibitions. (Although the study was conducted with Dutch trade show visitors, it holds good insight for American exhibitors.) The study found that Generation Y (also known as Millennials) expects an experience when they attend an exhibit and want to be actively engaged before, during and after the event. Generation X wants to know what to expect before they attend, and values open, transparent information.
All of this reinforces exhibit design and promotion best practices already in place:
• Actively engage attendees through all stages of the event, from pre-show through to post-show. Make them feel part of the event.
• Understand what different attendees are looking for and value from a tradeshow, from professional development to product information.
• Be transparent and provide easy access to the detailed information people want when deciding whether to stop by the exhibit or attend the event.
What do you think of these reports? Were you surprised by any of the findings? Please share in the comments!
When it Comes to Attendee Promotion, the Old Methods Still Work
April 30, 2013
Social media, apps, QR codes and more… today’s digital age provides more ways that ever before to attract attendees to exhibits and events. Yet the new “Attracting Attendees” report from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) shows that some tried-and-true attendee promotion methods remain the best for attracting and engaging attendees to an exhibit or event.
The report’s findings include the following insights:
• Attendees view personal discussions with friends and colleagues to be the most important element in deciding whether to attend an event
• 94% of attendees plan before an event, including registering for education sessions and workshops (63%), searching the exhibitor directory (56%) and registering for special events (56%)
• Only 24% of attendees surveyed use smartphones for their pre-event planning; 70% use the printed exhibit directories
• 53% rely on information from exhibitors on how to use their time at an exhibit
So what does this mean for you and your clients? Give attendees the information they want. Tell them exactly why they should visit the exhibit (how it will benefit them) and provide the details they need to plan ahead. And don’t forget to make sure your exhibit directory listing highlights the key points you want to make to this audience.
Have you read the CEIR report? What did you think?
Eco-friendly Trade Show Flooring Solutions: Thinking Outside the (Green) Box
April 22, 2013
Last week we talked about how Brumark offers a wide range of eco-friendly trade show flooring products that allow you to reduce your environmental impact without compromising on quality, design, style or budget.
And while we have a huge selection of environmentally friendly carpet, hardwood, interlocking flooring and more, there are also some ways you can be environmentally friendly without necessarily choosing a flooring solution that is labeled “green” or “sustainable.”
To help the environment, look for exhibit flooring that is:
• Reusable. If you need flooring for multiple exhibits or events, consider solutions that are easy to dismantle and reuse. Brumark offers a number of products that fit these criteria. One of our newest is PromoDek®, which can quickly and easily be configured into any size you need.
• Designed for long life. Look for flooring designed for maximum durability and product life, so that it doesn’t have to be disposed of and replaced as quickly.
• Easy to update. With options like PromoDek and Brumark’s Altitude R&R Raised Flooring System, you can change out your graphics or update the surface of your floor, allowing you to use your flooring for more applications.
• Installed without adhesives, which can emit VOCs.
• Lightweight, to reduce the environmental impact of transport.
Are you thinking outside the “green” box when it comes to eco-friendly exhibits? Brumark is your Total Green Flooring Solutions Specialist and we can help. Contact us today to learn more!
Eco-friendly Trade Show Flooring Solutions
April 16, 2013
In honor of Earth Day, last week we talked about some ways you can make your office greener. This week, we’re taking a look at environmentally friendly tradeshow flooring options.
With Brumark, there’s no need to sacrifice design or budget to help the environment. We offer a wide selection of beautiful, eco-friendly trade show flooring options to fit your project requirements and compliment your design.
Plus, as part of Brumark’s commitment to the environment, we continually seek out safe materials and eco-friendly manufacturing, reclamation and recycling processes.
Here are some ways you can learn more:
• See our wide selection of green trade show flooring in many different materials, styles and colors, including carpet, cork, recycled rubber, hardwood, bamboo, tile, slate, raised flooring, turf and interlocking flooring options
• Contact us to request a free Green Product Sample Kit
Thinking about going green, but concerned about the costs or available options? We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Contact your area account manager today to learn more about why Brumark is your Total Green Flooring Solutions Specialist!
Creating a Greener Office
April 10, 2013
At Brumark, our commitment to the environment has two components:
• Being environmentally responsible with our product line and providing our customers with a wide selection of high-quality, eco-friendly and sustainable flooring products
• Reducing our own environmental impact as a company, throughout our office and facilities
In honor of Earth Day, over the next few weeks we’ll be talking about ways you can make your trade show exhibit flooring more eco-friendly. Today, though, we wanted to talk about some ways you can make your office greener year-round.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), offices and commercial buildings account for approximately 20% of nationwide energy use. Fortunately, many of the tips below won’t just help the environment — they’ll help your company save money, too!
Here are some ideas for making your office greener:
• Reduce paper usage – The EPA estimates that the average U.S. office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy and printer paper every year! Print double-sided and look for ways to distribute key documents electronically, such as forms, catalogs and employee manuals.
• Use CFL light bulbs everywhere and motion-detection switches in low-traffic areas such as closets, break rooms and restrooms
• Use programmable thermostats to automatically turn the heat or AC down at night and on weekends, and to allow different areas to be heated or cooled differently, as needed
• Make sure electronics are powered off at the end of the day, including computers, microwaves and coffeemakers
• Give employees travel mugs and reusable water bottles with your company logo, and then stop supplying Styrofoam and paper cups
• Purchase recycled and bulk products as much as possible (bulk products usually have less packaging)
• Encourage ride sharing, walking, biking and mass transit with incentives like discounted transit passes
• Use green and/or recyclable carpeting and low-VOC paint
• Use non-toxic, eco-friendly cleaning products
• Reuse packing and mailing supplies whenever possible
• Donate your old office furniture and appliances to area schools, community centers and charities
• Look for ways to reuse products, such as how Brumark recycled a tradeshow floor into our beautiful new lobby floor
• Consider installing a green roof or rooftop garden, which helps combat greenhouse gases and provides insulation that can help reduce heating and cooling costs
• Make it fun — start a friendly competition to see which department can find the most innovative ways to become more eco-friendly!
How is your office reducing its environmental impact? Please let us know in the comments!
Brumark Wins MOD Award for Best Flooring!
April 4, 2013
The annual MOD Awards celebrate the best in the modular exhibit industry. And Brumark is very proud to announce that along with our client, MC2, we were awarded our first MOD Award for best flooring!
For the project, which you can see here, the client needed a cost-effective flooring solution that would move prospects through an immersive display, increasing brand awareness. The answer was custom inlay carpet, with inlays strategically located to emphasize areas where interactive or brand-oriented learning could take place.
This is just one example of how the Brumark team can put our exhibit flooring expertise to use in finding creative flooring solutions for your projects!
Meet the BruCrew: Sammie
March 29, 2013
One of the many benefits of working at Brumark is that dogs are welcome in the office, too! In the latest “Meet the BruCrew” post we introduce you to Sammie, fearless sidekick of Brumark Vice President of Sales Stacy Barnes.
What is your role at Brumark and what do you like best about it?
Greeter. I like meeting people.
How does what you do help our customers?
It makes them feel at home!
How long have you been at Brumark?
What other positions have you held with the company?
I tried security, but licking was not an approved way to handle danger.
What is your hometown?
Las Vegas, NV
Tell us about any hobbies or volunteer work.
My hobbies are chasing squirrels, balls and groundhogs. I tried to volunteer at the food bank, but they were not too keen on me trying the different foods.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Squeeze cheese and peanut butter. Also chocolate — I know I am not supposed to have it, but I cannot resist, especially if someone leaves it within reach.
What is your favorite TV show or movie?
Marmaduke (a tall drink of water)!
What is your all-time favorite band?
Three Dog Night
What’s one of your favorite places to travel to?
The other side of our backyard fence.
What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
Humans who close the door when they go to the bathroom – it drives me crazy when I am on the other side.
If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Cute, cuter and cutest
If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing what would it be?
EXHIBITOR2013: Fun Party, Innovative New Products and Great Buzz!
March 27, 2013
We had an amazing time at EXHIBITOR2013 this year! The industry’s continued strength was reflected in the crowded aisles and positive energy on the show floor.
We had great feedback on our new product introductions, enjoyed talking with everyone who stopped by the booth, and had a lot of fun kicking off our 30th anniversary with a great party Sunday night!
We are so proud that along with our client, MC2, we were awarded the 1st annual Mod Flooring Award at the Four Seasons on Tuesday night. It was an awesome, creative design that we had the privilege to produce; please check it out. So get your designs ready and let’s work together to win in 2014!
And a big “thank you” to everyone who came to our anniversary party and stopped by the booth. You can see photos from the party and show on the Brumark Facebook page.
If you requested samples or more information, you’ll be receiving it soon. And if you didn’t have a chance to stop by the booth, please check out the innovative products we launched below. We’re excited about all the ways these products can benefit you!
A&P Flooring System
• The Auto industry will go crazy about this floor!
• High-quality aluminum modular raised flooring system
• Innovative design allows you to quickly and easily assemble a floor in the size you need
• Can be given a custom finish such as laminate or wood
• Extremely strong – cars and trucks are like feathers on this floor
• Modular flooring with a unique, “no-tools-needed” click-format system
• Easily create or reconfigure a raised floor in any size
• Surface can be updated in minutes with new printed graphics or materials
• Extremely strong – can hold up to 2,750 tons per 4” x 4” area, including cars
• The thinnest, lightest, most flexible slate tiles available
• Razor-thin slices of real slate on an innovative cork backing
• Easy to transport and handle
NexGen 10 Carpet
• Next generation to our popular Advantage Carpet line
• Beautiful, quality 10’-wide carpet offered at a tremendous value
• Available in two face weights (16 oz. and 28 oz.) and nine vibrant, fade-resistant colors
• Can be customized with logos and inlays
Chilewich Tiles with BioFelt™
• Ultra-convenient and comfortable 18" x 18" woven vinyl tiles with modern, upscale style
• Can be installed with adhesive or Velcro for easy installation, repositioning and reuse
• Easily cut to any booth size
• Eco-friendly – 82% pre- and post-consumer recycled content
Please contact us to learn more and request a free sample of any of our products!